Uganda 2021 elections: Museveni asks 'even if I leave who will be able to lead this nation'

 


Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni has said he has not yet seen a man capable of leading Uganda at the moment, so he will remain in power.

Museveni, 76, has led Uganda for more than three decades.

Speaking to leaders of his National Resistance Movement (NRM) party yesterday, he said his opponents did not have the credentials to lead Uganda.

"I am very angry when I hear people telling me to step down," Museveni was quoted as saying by the country's media.

He added: "The voters are the ones who decide, even if I leave who will be able to lead this nation, I will only leave if there is a meaningful person I see I can leave Uganda".

President Museveni, who has been in power since 1986, came to power through guerrilla warfare.

Uganda's general election, which is set to take place on January 14 next year, has 11 candidates for the presidency, 10 of whom want to replace Yoweri Museveni of the ruling NRM party, who is seeking a sixth term.


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post